Description of Coaching:
Coaching is partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the coach and the client in a thought-provoking creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
1) Coach-client Relationship
- Coach agrees to maintain the ethics and standards of behaviour established by the International Coach Federation “(ICF)” (Coachfederation.org/ethics). It is recommended that the client reviews the ICF Code of Ethics and the applicable standards of behaviour.
- Client is solely responsible for creating and implementing their own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship and their coaching sessions with the coach. As such, the client agrees that the coach is not and will not be liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the coach. Client should understand that coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
- Client further acknowledges that they may terminate or discontinue the coaching relationship at any time.
- Client acknowledges that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of their life; including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. The Client agrees on deciding how to handle these issues, incorporating coaching principles into those areas and implementing choices are exclusively the client’s responsibility.
- Client acknowledges that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association, and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals. Client also acknowledges that it is their exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that the client promptly informs the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed upon by the client and the coach.
- Client understands that in order to enhance the coaching relationship, they agree to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
- Client understands that the coach is engaged as an independent contractor. The Coach acts at all times as an independent contractor and has no authority to bind or represent any other party in any way. No other party shall be held liable by the client for any act, matter or thing done or to be done by the coach throughout the duration of the coaching period.
The parties agree to engage in 3 month coaching program. Coaching sessions will be of approximately of 1-hour duration.
Coaching sessions will take place via video conferencing. It is at the coach’s discretion whether a given session may run overtime if the client arrives late. The client is still liable for the full cost of a session in the event they arrive late to the session.
Session fees or courses fees are as indicated on the website at the time of registration and must be paid in advance.
Course fees are fully refundable in case the client wants to withdraw after the first week.
Coaching sessions fees are refundable for the first session only if the client required to terminate the coaching agreement in the first session.
No refund is available in the instance that the client is dissatisfied with the coaching services provided after the second session of the program. In the instance that the client is required to discontinue with coaching due to unforeseen circumstances, provision of a full or partial refund of advance payments is at the sole discretion of the coach.
This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the client shares with the coach as part of this relationship, is bound by the principles of confidentiality set forth in the ICF Code of Ethics. However, the coach-client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions) and thus communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege.
The coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the client without the client’s written consent. The coach will not disclose the client’s name as a reference without the client’s consent.
Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in the coach’s possession prior to its being furnished by the client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the client; (d) is independently developed by the coach without use of or reference to the client’s confidential information; or (e) the coach is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to the coach and as a result of such disclosure the coach reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to the client or others; and (g) involves illegal activity. The client also acknowledges their continuing obligation to raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with the coach in a timely manner.
According to the ethics of our profession, topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training, supervision, mentoring, evaluation, and for coach professional development and/or consultation purposes.
7) Cancellation Policy
It is the client’s responsibility to notify the coach 24 hours in advance of the scheduled coaching session in the event of a cancellation. The coach reserves the right to bill the client for a missed meeting in the event of insufficient notice.
In the event that the coach cancels a session, the session will be rescheduled for another agreed upon time and the client will not be billed for this session.
8) Record Retention Policy
The client’s name and contact information, as well as the coach’s notes from coaching sessions (as applicable) will be retained by the coach for a period of 1 years following the completion of the coaching program.
This information will be stored by the coach on a password-protected computer and in hard copy in secure storage at the coach’s office.
Contact information for the client and notes from sessions will not be shared with any other third parties except under circumstances detailed under section 5 (Confidentiality) above.
9) Intellectual Property Rights
The client may not use or reproduce any of the processes, techniques, presentations, methodologies, precedents and/or materials used by the coach in the course of the coaching program. The client must not -at any time- use or reproduce any of the above in any manner, shape or form, except for personal use. The client shall ensure that no servant, agent, related body or corporate contact will use or reproduce these in any manner, shape or form.
The client shall indemnify the coach with respect to any loss or damage caused or sustained by the coach in the event of a breach of this section.
Either the client or the coach may terminate this agreement at any time. The client agrees to compensate the coach for all coaching services rendered through to and including the effective date of termination of the coaching relationship.
Conditions for the coach terminating the agreement before the end of the agreed upon period may include:
- Client failure to perform or observe any of the terms of the Agreement, and failure to remedy such breaches within five (5) working days of a notice from the Coach that such a failure has occurred
- Client failure to perform any term of this agreement, which cannot be remedied
III. An insolvency event that occurs in relation to the client.
Client may terminate this agreement if either of the matters raised in paragraphs I. or II. is applicable to the coach. The coach or client may terminate this agreement by mutual agreement.
Payment upon termination
If the agreement is validly terminated prior to the end of the agreed upon term of the coaching program, then the client must immediately pay the coach the balance (if any) of fees for the unexpired period of coaching, together with any other monies owed under this agreement. At the agreed upon date of termination, the coach shall immediately cease to be liable to the client with respect to the coaching program.
If the client fails to pay the amounts owing under the terms of the paragraph above, an additional 10% annual interest shall be due on amounts outstanding. This interest will be calculated on and from the date on which the principal amount was due to the coach.
12) Entire Agreement
This document reflects the entire agreement between the coach and the client, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The agreement may not be amended, altered or supplemented except in writing signed by both the coach and the client.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the court finds that any provision of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this agreement.
15) Applicable Law
This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of United Arab Emirates without giving effect to any conflicts of laws provisions.
16) Binding Effect
This agreement shall be binding upon the parties here to and their respective successors and permitted assigns.